Experts in Rehabilitation
Post-operative rehabilitation is a vital component on your road to recovery and return to function. At Australian Sports Physiotherapy, we are experts at providing rehabilitation for all your orthopaedic surgical interventions.
Tailored Rehabilitation Consults
Following surgery, our physiotherapy treatments aim to initially reduce your post-surgical pain and swelling, restore early and safe movement patterns and promote healthy healing.
Our tailored rehabilitation consults may include:
- Re-establish early joint movement
- Walking gait re-education
- Muscle strengthening Safe progressive strength exercises
- Education regarding safe return to function
- Home based and gym exercises
- Return to sport specific assessment and programs
Our physiotherapists have numerous long-standing relationships with many orthopaedic surgeons; allowing us to stay up to date with developing surgical techniques and unique procedures; ultimately to aid your optimal recovery.
Common procedures that require post-operative rehabilitation may include:
- Total Hip and knee Replacement
- Hip Arthroscopy. Click here for more information.
- Knee arthroscopy
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair
- Shoulder replacement – reverse or anatomical
- Shoulder Rotator cuff repair
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Spinal discectomy and decompression
- Ankle and foot surgery
- Achilles tendon repair
One Step Further
We know that this period of rehabilitation is often difficult and comes with a lot of uncertainty. However, you can trust that our experienced and compassionate team will take ‘one step further’ to make you feel safe, comfortable and get you back to function.
Pre-Operative Physiotherapy and education can also help improve your surgery knowledge and expectations.